Anybody who has ever been overweight wants to lose weight fast? But with so many fad diets around promising fast weight lost the the consensus of opinion tends to be that losing weight fast is not advisable as it usually results in you regaining that weight and more just as quickly when you find you can no longer stick to the fad diet.
However it can be relatively easy to say goodbye to 10 pounds of unwanted fat in a reasonable amount of time if you follow these 10 easy diet tips. Just pay attention to what you eat and be sure to have lots of fresh and healthy food in your daily meals. This includes any snacks you may have.
If you are sensible there really should be no real need to make sacrifices! Just follow these simple guidelines to help you to lose weight fast. You can easily lose 10lb by sticking to a sensible diet. These dietary tips offer a balanced and flexible diet plan and you can stick with it for as long as you want or need to.
1. Keep a food diary. Make a note of everything that you eat and drink. You do not need to worry about the number of calories. Just write down what you ate, when you ate it and the approximate quantity. After a few days you may get a shock. You will start to realize what you eating habits are and you will soon be more aware of what you need to do to plan healthy meals and snacks.
2. Don’t be afraid to eat good fats. Omega 3 fats are positively beneficial to weight loss. Fats also help you to feel more satisfied after a meal. However you should avoid the bad fats. The manufactured fats and the trans fats have a detrimental effect on your health. It is also a good idea to avoid any foods that are low fat as they often have a high sugar content.
3. Limit treats containing sugar to three times per week, if you can eliminate them altogether then even better. Remember that sugar is turned to fat in the body. This includes any foods made with flour especially white flour as this converts quickly into sugar once it has been digested
4. Allow yourself two servings of fruit every day, preferably for snacks as fruit eaten with a meal or after meal has to wait in a queue to be digested. Make sure they are low glycaemic fruits and where possible choose fruit that is in season.
5. Get into the habit of drinking water instead of sodas, juices, milky drinks or alcohol. Avoid diet drinks at all costs as the sweeteners can have a detrimental effect on your body. Hot water with a slice of lemon can be very refreshing in the morning and tends to alkalize your body.
6. Include at least two servings of vegetables at lunch and dinner. Try to make one of those meals a raw salad meal
7. Eat slowly. The body is slow to register when you are full and it is easy to eat too much if you are racing through your meals.
8. Choose you snacks wisely. Grated carrot makes a great snack. I have heard it said that grated carrot is actually more satisfying than whole carrot. However that said, an excellent snack is carrot sticks or celery sticks and hummus
9. Use whole grains wherever possible. The fiber will give you a fuller feeling and also help your digestion.
10. Plan your meals and snacks ahead of time. Plan your shopping too – make a list of what you need and stick to it. If you just grab something when you are feeling hungry, you will probably choose high calorie food.
One final thought. To lose weight fast – “Think Thin” If you think like a thin person you are more likely to eat like a thin person. Psychology has a great part to play in human behavior and losing weight is no exception