Most of us are very good at putting things off until tomorrow. We are also prone to putting off the inevitable ..”until Christmas is over”…. “until we have been on holiday”…” until we have been to that celebration party” etc etc. What we are doing here is procrastinating. Putting something off that we really don’t want to do. Is that ringing any bells. It certainly is for me.
I am sure it won’t surprise you to know that weight loss fits perfectly into that category. What we need to remember is that “tomorrow never comes”. So 2 0r 3 months or even years down the road, nothing has changed. We are still waiting for the perfect moment.
Of course, as with most things, fear is our biggest enemy. We are afraid that we won’t be able to stick to our new weight loss regime, or that losing body fat will be too difficult, or maybe we are concerned that our friends will make fun of us etc etc.
At the end of the day, as with all things in life, we have to take control of our own lives and take responsibility for the way we behave and the subsequent consequences.
Here are 5 reasons why you should not put off your weight loss program until tomorrow if you can do it today.
- We are living longer than ever before, which is a wonderful fact of life, IF and only IF we have good health in our 3rd age. If you are overweight your chances of good health when you are older are virtually nil
- Being overweight means you are not eating the right foods for your body type. If you were you wouldn’t be overweight. Don’t allow yourself to succumb to food related illnesses because of an inappropriate diet
- There is a strong link between obesity and depression. This can be due to the fact that your body is deficient in health promoting foods. These same foods will help you to lose weight
- Most of us lead very stressful lives. Being overweight is an unbelievable physical stress on our bodies. Stress can lead to many illnesses due to the way in which the body responds. A good weight loss diet and exercise regime will go a long way to improve this situation
- Being overweight will often result in tiredness and lethargy. If you lose weight you will notice a real improvement in your energy levels. The right fuel (food) in the correct proportions can do wonders for our energy levels
Health is not something to be taken for granted. Strip that body fat now and feel the benefits immediately