Have you ever been on a weight loss program and no matter what you eat and how much exercise you do, that stubborn body fat around your middle just refuses to budge?? If so join the club!
So many people I meet, especially young active mums who are trying to lose weight post pregnancy, all say the same thing. They are all very active, eating sensibly and in some cases even jogging twice a week, but still that stubborn body fat is hanging around.
Unfortunately we are not alone in thinking that we are doing all the right things, but what most of us aren’t aware of is that there are some closely guarded secrets that will really help you to lose that fat permanently
- Endless hours of cardio just won’t work if you want to lose weight. The answer is to start interval training. You just need to look at the physique of a sprinter to know that this must be true.
- The most important part of any weight loss program is the food you eat. Too many carbohydrates may give you immediate energy to enable you to go running, but they won’t help you to get rid of the fat any more than the running will. You need to change your thinking here.
- In addition to interval training you need to do resistance training that pushes your body to burn fat.
- Crunches are useless. You need to do full body abdominal exercises that will develop you abdominal muscles
- Lighter weights and lots of reps is not the way to go. Heavier weights and fewer reps will give your metabolism the biggest boost and won’t give you massive muscles.
This is about weight loss after all not body building, though you do need to develop muscles to help to burn the fat.